JOB TITLE: OFFICE MANAGER
STATUS: FULL TIME EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
SALARY RANGE: $35,000 TO $40,000
The South Florida National Parks Trust is an independent nonprofit organization that works in partnership with the National Park Service to protect, promote and enhance South Florida’s four national parks – Everglades, Biscayne and Dry Tortugas National Parks and Big Cypress National Preserve.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Office Manager works with the Executive Director and the Director of Development to achieve the SFNPT’s fundraising goals, produce timely and effective communications, support office operations and advance the overall mission of the organization. The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities: The Office Manager provides support to senior staff members in the following areas: fundraising, accounting, communications, administration, board relations and grants management. While senior staff members are responsible for managing and directing the SFNPT’s fundraising efforts, the Office Manager plays a key role in planning, coordinating, and supporting these efforts and tracking results.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage monthly fundraising appeals, pledge reminders and donor renewals
- Organize donor cultivation and fundraising events
- Represent the SFNPT at public events and activities in South Florida
- Record and acknowledge all gifts received by the SFNPT
- Schedule donor/prospect meetings on behalf of senior staff and board members
- Design and draft fundraising and communications materials
- Manage office files, database, and office orders
- Manage budget, accounting software.
- Responsible for Quarterly board meeting and committee minutes and coordination
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications: Ideal candidates will have a genuine passion for South Florida’s national parks and the mission of the SFNPT, a bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience. In addition, the SFNPT is seeking candidates with:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage donors, work effectively with others, speak in public, and demonstrate leadership and professionalism.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with different audiences across a variety of platforms, including social media.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use cloud-based services and basic software programs.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to complete assignments.
- Strong financial skills and the ability to manage a budget.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- The ability to work independently, under pressure, and produce accurate work.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings as events occur.
- The ability to use a personal vehicle for work (reimbursement provided).
- Event planning experience a plus
- Donor Database Experience, Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Work Environment: The Office Manager will work primarily from the SFNPT office located in Coral Gables, FL. The successful applicant will be expected to travel to meetings, presentations, and events at South Florida’s national parks and elsewhere. Some weekend and/or evening hours will be required.
Salary Range: This is a salaried position with an annual salary and benefits valued at $35,000 to $40,000 including paid vacation. Final salary and benefits package will be negotiated with the successful applicant and determined in part based on the applicant’s level of experience. The SFNPT is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020,
Application received after date will be considered after first round of qualified candidates.
How to Apply: For consideration you must include a cover letter, resume, and three work-related references, email or mail to
Executive Director Juan Cueto. No phone calls please.
Juan Cueto, Executive Director
South Florida National Parks Trust
1390 South Dixie Highway, Suite 2203
Coral Gables, FL 33146
This position is open until filled. All applicants will be notified via email once a hiring decision has been made.